How can PocketBib be improved?

Open PDF directly on a predefined App

Now I find myself using PocketBib more and more heavily as time goes, and my workflow has formed a certain pattern: Whenever I start to read a PDF article, I always get to edit (i.e., mark-up) the PDF file. Therefore it seems pointless to me to open PDF first on the default in-App reader and then (only then) switch to a different App (like GoodReader).

Why not directly opens PDF files on an App predefined on Settings? That'll save much time within my workflow.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Masso Chailly shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jan Sochman commented  · 

Alternatively, having a possibility to highlight text in the default reader would solve this problem for me. The only reason I am opening the PDF in GoodReader is to highlight some text and then I am sending the PDF back to PocketBib...

• Jeremy commented  · 

One way of accomplishing this would be to create support for an additional URL field and then from the user side add a field (could be easily done with a script) with the path to files in goodreader using the Goodreader:// format. This would require a user to rely on goodreader sync rather than pocketbib cache.

Feedback and Knowledge Base