How can PocketBib be improved?

Support for ownCloud synchronization

The ownCloud project recently released iOS libraries for synchronization support at GitHub:

https://github.com/owncloud/ios-library

I did not take a look at it but it seems to be a good starting point for integration of file synchronization with ownCloud. The library and all of its dependencies are published under the terms of the MIT license, thus allowed to be used in a commercial product.

An alternative file syncronization would be nice feature for PocketBib and official iOS libraries may lower the entry point for ownCloud.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Felix Leif Keppmann shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Antonio commented  · 

Dear Graham Dennis,

I use PocketBib on my old iPhone4 (IOS 7) to connect to my owncloud server, without any problem.
        Now I'm trying to use it on an iPhone6 (IOS 9), to connect with the same owncloud server, but it doesn't work.

The problem is that PocketBib cannot establish a connection with the owncloud (webdav) server.
        When I try to add a webdav server, the message is:
        Connection Error - Could not connect to the WebDAV server.

Other apps on iPhone6, such as owncloud client, are able to connect to the same owncloud server.

If it can be useful, I sniffed the packets exchanged between iphone6 and owncloud server, and there is an attempt to establish the TCP connection but after a few packets the server sends a FIN to close the connection.

The server uses SSL and a self signed certificate (SHA-1), and it works perfectly with other apps both on iphone4 and iphone6.

Have you any suggestion to resolve the problem?

Best regards,
        Antonio

• Felix Leif Keppmann commented  · 

Great, I just tested the sync and it works flawless. Seems I use PocketBib since a long time and did not recognize the update with this nice feature. Switching my literature database now completely to ownCloud. Thanks.

• Felix Leif Keppmann commented  · 

Sync in ownCloud is based on WebDAV, thus a pure WebDAV support would also enable ownCloud sync.

Feedback and Knowledge Base